We need your commitment in order to sign on for the 2017 tour. The only way the CMC executive can sign the deal for next year is with your support for the ENTIRE year. Picking and choosing one or two lectures is not sustainable. To move forward, the only option is an annual lecture subscription.
With your support we have five more great lectures coming this year. To keep this amazing resource in Calgary, we’re asking you to make a commitment to all 5 lectures that will run from now until November.
Here’s what’s coming up
- May 1st – Jon Allen
- June 18th – 20th – “Silly Billy” David Kaye (Exact date TDB)
- August 28th – Jörg Alexander
- November 12th – Bizzaro (Exact date TDB)
The season promises great variety with magicians from a variety of backgrounds. Ice McDonald is a world-class dove worker, and stage magician who will inspire you to put more heart into your performances.
World-Champion IBM Close-Up Magician, and London’s Magic Circle Close-Up Magician of the Year Jon Allen will bring some high-caliber tricks for your repertoire.
Recognized as one of the best children’s entertainers around the world, “Silly Billy” will be touring on the release of his massive new book “Super Sized Silly” with 150 new routines for your kids show.
Winning FISM medals in two categories is just a hint of Jorg Alexander’s creative talent as a magician. Well known in Germany and Europe it is a rare treat to have him coming to our part of the world.
The final lecture of 2017 will be Bizzaro, a wildly creative magician who will share his spark of ingenuity, how he brings ideas to life by building his own props, and creates new ideas at a rapid pace.
Here’s the deal
Lecture ticket prices remain the same as past years at $25 for members. That gets you access to the lecture, the chance to learn from masters with personalized instruction. (not like a convention when you are in a room with hundreds of magicians) You get to personally meet our guest, ask questions, get hands-on help with the tricky moves. And, in many cases, the lecture goes into overtime with a trip to a nearby pub to chat magic late into the evening.
In order to continue hosting the tour, we need you to make the commitment for all five lectures, at $125.
We’re sweetening the pot
If you show your support for magic in Calgary, we’ve got some friends who are willing to pitch in some bonus items for you.
- Calgary Magic Circle Membership – Get full member access for the rest of this year, plus all of the 2017/2018 season so not only will you get five lectures, but you can create a stronger magic community as you join us for our regular schedule of magic jams and get-togethers. We share tricks, and help each other smooth out technique, brainstorm ideas, and become better magicians. $30 value, included as a Free Bonus!
- Magic Book: C.L. Boarde’s “One on One Mentalism”, a 107 page book detailing mind-reading tricks with business cards, and the Grandmother Of All Book Tests. Donated by Paul Alberstat, this $50 book is a free gift when you get your lecture pass!
- Magic Book: “Finding The Funny”, A professional entertainer’s guide to improvisation, ad-libs, and audience interaction!
Learn the techniques to creating inspired moments of comedy, and getting the best out of your audience volunteers. Daryl, the Magician’s Magician said about this book: “Wow… a wonderful piece of work.” Donated by Ryan Pilling, and a $20 value for you!
- Axel Hecklau Lecture Ticket – Axel will be lecturing in Edmonton on April 9, and all Lecture Pass holders get in for free – a $20 value
- For each lecture we will hold a random drawing of season subscribers and pick two winners of “the best seat in the house”
It’s your call…
5 lectures, $100 worth of free bonus items, and a year of inspiring magic. We need you to help make this happen.
Pay $125 right now, and you’re set for the whole year. Or, spread it out with four monthly payments of $33.