The Calgary Magic Circle Executive team is the group of volunteers who work to make the club possible. If you’d like to help out and see a Vacant position please let any member of the Executive know, we’d love to have you.
International Brotherhood of Magicians Territorial Vice President
Alberta & Saskatchewan: Kent Wong
- Provides a link between IBM members and the Board of Trustees to promote cooperation and communication
- Gives assistance, advice, and ceremonial support to each ring in the territory
President: Dan Stephenson
- Coordinates the agenda, venue, themes and activities for each meeting
- Calls executive meetings as needed
- Authorizes minor decisions and petty cash disbursements/expenses
- Automatically becomes Past-President after their term as President
Vice President: Steve Olson
- Assists the President in coordinating the meetings
- Assists the President in day-to-day operations of the club
- Acts as President, in the absence of the President
- Has usually held a previous position on the Executive
Past President: Charles Silbernagel
- Provides guidance and consultation to President
- Writes and submits an article to the Linking Ring for each club meeting or event
- Generates minutes for the “business” portion of the club, executive, and annual general meetings; if secretary will be absent, onus on secretary to find someone else to record minutes.
- Processes club membership applications
- Collects contact information for members, non-members, etc.
- Accepts due payments, on behalf of Treasurer
- Coordinate with Sergeant at Arms, for maintaining the member database
Treasurer: Yeats Wong
- Collect dues, fees, revenues
- Disburse expense payments, etc.
- Track revenues and expenses
- Coordinate with Sergeant at Arms, regarding paid-up members
Sargent At Arms: Vacant
- Verifies attendees at meetings are paid up members to guest in accordance with rules
- Notifications regarding upcoming meetings and events
- Welcome new guests; collect contact information to inform them of future events
- Coordinate with Treasurer/Secretary re member/guest database
Member At Large: Vacant
- Provides input at Executive meeting
- Has voting right, same as Executive positions
- Traditionally chairs an event (BBQ, Fundraiser, etc)
These members are appointed by the Executive, and are not eligible to vote on executive decisions.
Junior Magic Club Coordinator: Ryan Pilling & Charles Silbernagel
- Runs the Junior Magic Club